“Ordinary No Ordinary” Art & Photography Juried Exhibition
Open Call for Entry
This Call for Entry is open to artists and photographers around the world with no restrictions on style, subject matter and medium.
With this Exhibition we are celebrating artistic visions that, unique to each artist and photographer, allow us to create no-ordinary art from the ordinary things that inspire us in every-day life.
THIS CALL IS NOW CLOSED.
Each and every day around the world millions of Artists & Photographers find their inspiration in ordinary things to create no ordinary art! We have an unstoppable urge to create beauty, and this is what drives our creativity every single time we pick up a brush or a photo camera and hurry to capture the sacred moment before it fleets away… And in this moment of capturing, we are completely in our own element and in a perfect tune with the universe that may seem strange to others, but is everything to us!
By putting this exhibition together, we at Tall Sequoia Gallery are celebrating this talent and artistic vision that gives us this power as artists and photographers to create unique art from seemingly ordinary objects.
Celebrate your talent with us by sending us your best works!
- Call Closes: July 31, 2020
- Exhibition Opens: August 8, 2020
- Jury Notifications: August 8, 2020
- Recognition Notifications & Mail Certificates: August 10, 2020
All works are subject to selection; However, we do guarantee that at least one of your submitted works will be accepted and showcased as long as the image meets our image requirements (see above).
Meet the Gallery Curator and Juror Nancy Moore!
Nancy Moore is a Canadian artist born in Ajax, Ontario. She grew up in a household where art and creativity were always encouraged. She credits her father Wayne Moore for giving her a solid foundation on which to build on as an artist. Throughout her artist career, she has enjoyed showing across southern Ontario including galleries in Cobourg, port Perry, Uxbridge, Collingwood and Toronto.
“As an artist I feel incredibly fortunate to be able to paint without borders. My style is mostly experimental with an emphasis on landscape combined with abstract art. I never set out to replicate an image but instead strive to convey a mood using loose lines and bold colours.”
Nancy also actively participates in the artist community, and some of her contributions have been quite significant. They include donating artwork to the Art of Giving charity auction organized by United Way and York Region to benefit those in need, 2017 & 2020, acting as one of two jurors for the Bellville Art Show in September 28, 2019, painting the farewell gift of Deputy Chief Tom Carrique as he embarks on his new position as Commissioner of the Ontario Provincial Police, 2019, and participating as a Wild Card Artist in the TV program, Landscape Artist of the Year Canada, in Cobourg ON (Marble Media) September 22, 2019, (Televised Feb, 2020)
We are excited to have Nancy be our guest Curator and Juror who will help us determine the exhibition finalists and winners of this Art & Photography Exhibition! Visit Nancy’s website to learn more about her and her art.
Recognitions & Awards
We will select one item in each category (CATEGORY 1: Traditional Art; CATEGORY 2: Photography & Digital Art) to receive:
- 1st Place Recognition (Best in Show). This winner will have the winning artwork displayed as the Exhibition Page Banner, will have a Feature article published about the Artist, will receive “Best in Show” Award Certificate (as in sample below) and will have links to all social media accounts and website available to gallery visitors.
- 2nd Place Recognition. This winner will have a Feature article published about the Artist, will receive Best of Show Award Certificate and will have links to all social media accounts and website available to gallery visitors.
- 3rd Place Recognition. This winner will have a Feature article published about the Artist, will receive Best of Show Award Certificate and will have links to all social media accounts and website available to gallery visitors.
Three additional items from each category will receive an Honorable Mention recognition.
If the number of submitted works within any given category is less than the available awards, we will issue awards to all submitted works, starting with top award.
Award Certificates will be emailed on the indicated date.
SAMPLE CERTIFICATE demonstrated to the left of this paragraph